- About Us
Register for free job training classes at Marysville Goodwill
MARYSVILLE — Another eight-week session of free job training classes is almost here! Marysville Goodwill’s Job Training and Education Center, located at 9315 State Ave., will register people May 9-11 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the session that runs from May 23 through July 15, 2011.
Sign-up is on a first come, first served basis, so be sure to arrive early to reserve your spot!
The center will offer the following classes
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): Basic- to intermediate-level courses for people who want to learn the English language.
- Basic ESOL: Mondays and Wednesdays – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Level 1: Tuesdays and Thursdays – 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Level 2: Mondays and Wednesdays – 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Level 3: Tuesdays and Thursdays – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Basic Computer classes:
- Computer Basics: Mondays and Wednesdays – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. & Tuesdays and Thursdays – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Microsoft Word: Mondays and Wednesdays – 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Microsoft Excel: Tuesdays and Thursdays – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Customer Service: This class teaches basic communication and customer service skills needed for jobs in the retail or office sector.
- Mondays and Wednesdays – 2 to 3:30 p.m.
Career Building Assistance: Instructors can help people with job searches, resume and cover letter writing, interview practice and more.
- Mondays through Thursdays – 2 to 3:30 p.m.
The center periodically offers workshops that teach career skills, job searching on the Internet, financial and time management, and more. For an up-to-date schedule, or for any other questions, contact Program Specialist Tania Siler at 360-657-4418 or firstname.lastname@example.org.