- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Arlington Masonic Lodge No.129 meets at 7:30 pm the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. There is a dinner at 6:30 pm before the first stated meeting each month. The Masonic Lodge building is located on the northeast corner of Olympic & 4th Aves. in downtown Arlington. Sojourners are always welcome. February’s special event is Ladies Night on Sat. Feb. 14th at 6:30 pm. For information call 435-2545 or 403-0477.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Marysville Hearing Examiner meeting regularly scheduled for Feb. 12, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. has been canceled. The next regularly scheduled meeting will be Feb. 26, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. at Marysville City Hall, 1049 State Avenue, Marysville Washington.
If you have any questions, please contact Assistant Administrative Services Director, Tracy Jeffries at 360-363-8000.
City Of Marysville
NOTICE OF RESCHEDULED MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Marysville Planning Commission meeting regularly scheduled for February 10, 2009 will not be rescheduled and will be conducted at Marysville City Hall, 1049 State Avenue, Marysville Washington.
CITY OF MARYSVILLE
Library Friends seek
The Friends of the Arlington Library is seeking new leaders to help meet the mission of raising funds for library programs for children, teens and adults. They meet on the second Wednesday of each month and guests are always welcome at the Arlington Library, 135 N. Washington Ave. The next meeting is 3:30 p.m. Feb. 11. For information call the library at 360-435-3033.
The Board of Commissioner’s of Snohomish County Fire District No. 21, meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Arlington Heights Fire Station.
Snohomish County Music Teachers Association meets on third Monday at 9:15 a.m. at the Dorothy Jayne Dance Studio, 2931 Bond Street, in Everett. Be a part of this active chapter of Music Teachers National Association. For information visit www.scmta.wsmta.net
Stanwood/Camano Beekeeping Association meets third Tuesdays except December at 7:30 p.m., the Stanwood Library Meeting Room. For information 360-435-3443.
The Arlington Downtown Business Association has changed its meeting place from Little Italy to The Quiltmaker Shoppe across the street, at 315 N. Olympic Ave. They meet on the first and third Wednesday mornings at 8 a.m. For information call Jeanne Watanabe at 425-359-8744 or Norma Jean Syrie at 360-750-8886. For information about downtown events, see the Web site at www.arlingtonwa.org
Free lunch and networking meeting with La-De-Biz. For women in any kind of business. Meetings third Thursdays, 11 a.m. to noon. Share tips, leads and encouragement. For information or directions contact Jyl P. Westbrook at email@example.com or 425-231-5246.
Busy Bee Quilters, a nonprofit group that promotes all aspects of quilting, meets third Thursdays of each month at St. Michael’s Catholic Church, 1512 Pine St., Snohomish. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 7 p.m.
Friends of the Marysville Library is a not-for-profit, volunteer organization providing essential support. Meets at 1 p.m. on the third Thursdays at the Library, 6120 Grove St., Marysville. Programs are presented and refreshments are served. Guests and new members are always welcome. For more information call 360-651-7030.
Learn basic first aid and CPR by attending this one-day, certified class the third Saturday of each month at Cascade Valley Hospital, 330 South Stillaguamish Ave., Arlington. Participants will receive a manual, a light breakfast and a snack. The cost is $45 per person. For information or to register, call 360-435-2133 ext. 4705.
Health Care For All Washington, Snohomish, meets the first Saturday at 2:30 p.m. at the Marysville Library, 7312 35th Ave. NE. For information call 360-653-7139.
Al-Anon weekly meetings:
“If you want to drink, that’s your business. If want to stop, that’s ours.” Call Alcoholics Anonymous at 425-252-2525, or visit maddpow.org. Al Anon and Al Ateen 24 hour hot line is 360-918-0464.
• Sunday 6:30 p.m. Health Center, 127 E Camano Drive, Camano Island. Handicapped access, call 425-348-7828.
• Sunday 7 p.m. Baptist Church, Highway 530, Darrington. Phone 425-348-7828.
• Tuesday 7.30 p.m. Immaculate Conception Church, 1200 Fifth Street, Arlington.
Handicapped access. Al-Ateen meeting also, call 425-348-7828.
• Wednesday 7 p.m. Freeborn Lutheran Church, 2304 300th St. N.W., Stanwood, call 425-348-7828.
• Thursday 8 p.m. United Methodist Church, 27112 102nd Drive, Stanwood. Handicapped access, call 425-348-7828.
• Friday 8 p.m. Health Center, 127 E. Camano Drive, Camano Island. Handicapped access, call 425-348-7828.
• The New Beginnings Al-Anon Family Group meets at Marysville School District Service Center, 4220 80th St. NE, Friday nights, 8 - 9:30 p.m., the Strawberry Room.
Ken Baxter Senior/Community Center, 514 Delta Ave., Marysville, 360-363-8450.
• Monday drop-in clogging. Rosie Hayes get moving for fun and fitness. Learn the basics, no partner needed. Drop in class, $3, noon to 4 p.m.
• Wednesday book club. Don’t feel pressured to finish the book or to dive deep into its meaning. No fee. Call to confirm the author to be discussed. 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Second and fourth Thursdays, foot care by appointment. $17 per visit, bring your own towel. Call for appointment.
• Thursday genealogy. Learn genealogy at the senior center. Free. To register call the center.
• Friday drama group. Don’t need to memorize lines with this class, just try to have fun. Please call prior to attending your first class. 10 - 11 a.m.
• Friday woodcarving. An ancient art form. 10 a.m. to noon.
Stanwood Community and Senior Center, 7430 276th St. NW, 360-629-7403
• Monday - Friday, except holidays, Senior Services of Snohomish County Nutrition Program senior lunches $2.50 60 and up, $5.15 others. Includes entree, vegetable or fruit, bread or roll, dessert, milk, coffee or tea. Noon, Call Lynn.
•Stanwood Community and Senior Center has partnered with Dinners Ready to provide restaurant-quality meals at home in minutes. Call by the fifth of each month. $5 a serving, minimum of three servings of the same meal plus tax.
Stillaguamish Senior Center, 18308 Smokey Pt. Blvd, Arlington 360-653-4551. Daily volunteer opportunities. Call Karen at ext. 228.
• Monday - Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thrift shop.
• Monday - Friday, Senior Nutrition Lunch Program, at noon.
• Monday Weight Watchers, weigh in 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., meetings at 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Saturday, 7:30 - 9:30 a.m.
• Monday Bingo at 11 a.m., Fridays at 7 p.m. Open to the public.
• Second and fourth Mondays Foot clinic, noon to 4 p.m. Appointment required; $8 donation. Call Donna McCutchen at 360-653-4551 ext. 234.
• Second Wednesday and Thursday “55 Alive” Defensive Driving. Call to sign up. $10 fee.
• Second and Fourth Friday Hearing Aid Service, 10 a.m.
• First Friday Diabetes support group, 1:15 p.m.
• Second Friday, Advisory Council Meeting, 1 p.m.
• Last Sunday of the month Old Fashion Chicken Dinner, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
• Aerobics, 9 a.m.
• Woodcarving, 9 a.m. to noon, instructor Rod Randles. $5 quarterly fee and a $2 per class fee.
• Third Monday, Board meeting at noon.
• Ceramics, 1 - 3 p.m., $2, bring your supplies or get them here.
• Fit for Life at 2 p.m.
• Silversmithing, 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
• China/glass painting, 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., $5 quarterly fee.
• Show clogging, advanced clogging at 10 a.m.
• Caregiver Support Group, 10:30 a.m., Contact Krystyna at 653-4551 ext. 241.
• Gentle Yoga, at 2:30 and 5:30 p.m.
• Aerobics, at 9 a.m.
• Computer Lab, at 9 a.m.
• Needlers/Bunka at 9 a.m.
• Lapidary, 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• Shopping trip, 9:45 a.m.
• Clogging, 10 a.m.
• Fit for Life, 2 p.m.
• Creative writing. 9 a.m. to noon, $2 per class plus $5 quarterly fee.
• Lapidary, 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• Artists’ studio, 10 a.m. to noon, no instructor, bring your own canvas, $5 quarterly fee paid to center.
• Trip to Darrington Community Center for lunch. Depart 10:30 a.m., return 2:30 p.m., $5 transportation and $3 for lunch.
• Bridge Players needed, noon to 4 p.m., main hall side room.
• Gentle Yoga, 1:30 p.m.
• Bible study, 2 p.m., non-denominational.
• TOPS (take pounds off sensibly), 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
• Pinochle, 6 p.m.
• Stilly Crafter’s Meeting, 10 a.m.
• Blood Pressure checks, 10 a.m.
• Musical entertainment, 11 a.m.
• Bingo, 7 p.m. Open to the public.
Latinos Unidos, of Deaconess Children’s Services meets 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Mondays in Monroe and Tuesdays in Everett. Training is provided for volunteers that work at these meetings. For information call Naomi Demarest at 425-259-0146 ext. 121.
Come have fun with other Mothers of Preschoolers. The children have a fun and structured time separate from the moms.
• Marysville — First and Third Tuesday of every month, 9:30 a.m. to noon. For registration call Pilchuck Valley Chapel at 425-334-9558.
• Stanwood MOPS — Meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month from 9 a.m. to noon at the Warm Beach Free Methodist Church.
Drop in grief support group, to be with others who are mourning. Facilitated by Hospice Bereavement Counselors. No registration necessary, call Kate at 856-7770.
• Tuesdays, Mt. Vernon, 1:30 p.m., in the chapel at Skagit Valley Hospital.
• First and third Wednesdays, Whidbey Island, 6 p.m. at the Skagit Valley College in Oak Hall, Room 203.
• Second and fourth Thursdays, Sedro Woolley, 5:30 p.m. at the United General Hospital, room 502.
Overeaters Anonymous meets Tuesdays, 1- 2:30 p.m., at St. Marys Catholic Church in Marysville and Thursdays, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m., at Mt. View Presbyterian, 5115 100th St. NE. The only requirement is the desire to stop eating compulsively. For information call Diana at 360-435-5875.
Pregnancy Aid of Snohomish County has a WIC clinic in Marysville at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 4200 88th NE, every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call 360-435-3735 for information or to schedule an appointment.
Action Sports presents Saturday Singles and Sunday Doubles Disc Golf Tournaments, First and third Saturdays and the second and fourth Sundays at 1:30 p.m. Open to teens and adults of all abilities, $12 for tournament entry. The Rotary Disc Golf Course is located at Twin Rivers Park, 22914 State R-530 (Just past Lincoln Bridge). Course is open to the public.
The Old Time Fiddlers meets on the Friday evenings of Feb. 13 and 27, and March 13 and 27 at the old Arlington High School, 135 S. French St., Arlington, WA. Celtic jam is at 5 p.m., workshop at 6 p.m., and circle jam begins at 7 p.m. Music, jamming and snacks throughout the evening. Free family entertainment; listeners and acoustic musicians of all ages (and their instruments) welcome. For information, please contact Noel Lareau at 360-691-5907 or email Noelula@aol.com.
Friday Music Jam Sessions
Youth and adults of all abilities are invited to Village Music and Art’s Friday Music jam sessions featuring live music by Jon Dalgarn and Voices of the Village. Bring your own instrument or use ours. Jam sessions are every Friday, 1 to 3 p.m. at 338 North McLeod, Arlington. Children under the age 16 must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver. Contact Michelle at 360-653-7752 ext. 14 for information or to sign up.
Little Star Club, Camp Fire USA program for ages 3 - 5, meets Mondays at Eagle Creek Elementary School in the library, 6 - 7 p.m. Call Holly f at 425-258-5437.
Harmony Northwest Chorus is seeking women who love to sing and want to do four-part harmony, barbershop style. They rehearse from 7 - 9:30 p.m. Mondays at the Mount Vernon Community Center. For information see the web site at www.harmonynorthwest.org or call Carol at 360-435-0808.
Planned Parenthood Teen Clinic walk-in hours and services for young women and men are Tuesday, 2 - 4 p.m. Services include birth control (no exam needed), pregnancy tests, emergency contraception, information and education, STI tests and treatments (fees apply). “Talk to us in confidence, with confidence” at 10210 State Ave. Call 360-658-7871 for information.
Monthly rubber stamp workshop for creating cards with rubber stamps. All supplies included. Instructor Carol Wilson, at the Community Room at the Boys and Girls Club, 18513 59th Ave. NE, Arlington, from 6 - 9 p.m. on Tuesdays. Fee is $23 per class, call 360-403-3448 to register.
Overcomers Outreach meets Tuesdays at 7 p.m. at Warm Beach Free Methodist Church on 20816 Marine Dr., for all types of addictive and codependent behaviors. Meetings consist of recovery topics, step studies and more. Call 360-652-6555.
The Arlington LeTip chapter meets Wednesdays, 7 a.m., at Weller’s / Patty’s Eggnest Restaurant. Regional director Doug Elburn says LeTip is known as the premier educational and professional networking organization in the world Call Steve at 425-210-6050.
Stamano Toastmasters meet Wednesdays, 7:15 a.m., in the Anderson Room in Stanwood United Methodist Church at 27128 102nd Drive, Arlington. Call 629-8506 for information.
T.O.P.S. Take pounds off sensibly meets every Wednesday. Weigh-in is 8 - 9 a.m. and the meeting is 9:15 - 10 a.m. at St. Philip’s Episcopal Church, 4312 84th Street NE, Marysville. Call 360-659-6084.
The Sno-Isle Genealogical Society meets Wednesdays, at 7 p.m. at the Lynnwood Public Library, 19200 44th Ave., Lynnwood. Prior to the meeting, at 6 p.m., Margaret Summitt will host a continuing workshop, “Breaking through brick walls.” Genealogists of all skill levels are welcome. For information about meetings or the SIGS library in Heritage Park, call Margaret Summitt at 425-438-0307.
Daytime bead jewelry making class. Marysville Parks and Recreation is offering the class on Wednesday from 1 – 2:30 p.m. at the Ken Baxter Senior/Community Center. Class costs $15 and includes materials. For registration call 360-363-8450.
Tulalip Tribes Planning Commission meets every Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. at 8802 27th Avenue NE, Tulalip, WA 98271 - Consolidated Bureau of Quil Ceda Village Conference Room (Business Park). For information or to see about working with the Planning Commission, call Community Development Office at 360-716-4212.
LeTip of Marysville Morning has seen a lot of growth this past year, and has outgrown their meeting place at Bob’s Burger & Brew in Quil Ceda. They have enjoyed the hospitality and great breakfasts, but needed to move to a larger facility. Businesses looking to make connections with other businesses, meet some terrific professionals, and to increase their revenue are welcome to visit the new location on Thursday mornings at 7am for a breakfast at Jumbo Buffet located at 319 State Ave, Marysville, WA.. For more information contact Renae James, chapter President or Kim Adcock, Membership chair at 360 657-1209 or visit www.letip.com.
Rotary Club of Arlington meets at noon Thursdays at Eaglecrest Restaurant. For information call 360-435-2168.
Ken Baxter Senior/Community Center is looking for players for the Tuesday Bridge group, noon to 4 p.m. Tables must be coordinated in advance so call 360-363-8450 to get on the list. The Monday noon bridge game is more informal “Party” bridge, no call necessary.
Read to Rover at the Marysville Library, 6120 Grove St., on Thursday evenings, 6 - 8 p.m. Children who want to practice reading can read stories to a dog volunteer who loves to listen. Call 360-658-5000 and press four to reserve a 15 minute reading session.
A greif sharing group meeets Thursdays at 6 p.m. Call Arlington Free Methodist Church at 435-8986.
Civil Air Patrol Arlington Composite Squadron meets Thursdays, 7 - 9 p.m., at the Arlington Boys and Girls Club, 18513 59th Avenue NE. For information call 425-238-5978.
Everett Pacesetters Toastmasters group meets Thursdays from 7 - 8:30 p.m. at the Washington Oakes, 1717 Rockefeller, Everett. Visit www.everettpacesetters.org.
Monroe Community Concert Band is seeking musicians with high school playing skills and can read music. They particularly need percussion and clarinet players. Call Roger Walaker at 360-691-5310 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings are Thursday nights 7 - 9 p.m., New Hope Fellowship Church, 10106 W. Main Street, Monroe.
Wellness Preview, learn how to keep your family healthy. Thursday evenings at 7:30 p.m. at Walter Hall Golf Course, Hall Park Road and West Casino in Everett. Ask for Wendy Grace or call 425-349-1562
Backpack Kids Playgroup, Fridays, 10 a.m. at Camano Senior and Community Center, 606 Arrowhead Rd., Camano Island, for a hello song, storytime, craft, snack and playtime. For preschool-aged children with parent or guardian. Occasional field trips planned for every other month. For information email email@example.com (include “BPK” in the subject line) or call the 360-629-5257.
Darrington Library, 1005 Cascade Street, 436-1600. Preschool stories are shared each Friday at 11 a.m. Nourish your child’s love for learning. Ages 2 - 5. Call 436-1600.
Recreational co-ed volleyball, open gym volleyball on Friday nights 7-9 p.m., through Dec. 12 (except the weeks of Halloween and Thanksgiving), at Post Middle School 1220 east Fifth Street, Arlington. For ages 16 and older. Call 360-403-3448.
Kids for Christ Community Choir meets Fridays at the Arlington First Baptist Church, 426 N. French Ave., 6 - 8:30 p.m. Open to K-8 grades. Singing, choreography and drama opportunities in the musical/play Candy Cane Lane. Visit http://www.fbcarlington.com or call Coleen Wright at 435-330-9351.
Teen Night at the Arlington Boys and Girls Club, 18513 59th Avenue NE, Arlington, Fridays, 8 - 11 p.m., seventh graders and above; free food, games and fun. Club is open to members only; cost is $20 per year; new members always welcome. First visit is free. Call 360-435-4442.
Old Time and Country Music Association meets on the second and fourth Fridays, 6:30 - 9:45 p.m., Baker Hi-Rise, 1401 Poplar Street, Everett; business meetings same place on third Sunday, music at noon, potluck at 1 p.m. and meeting at 2 p.m. Call 425-334-5769.
PAWS Puppy Club is a fun, safe way for people and dogs (8 - 18 weeks) to socialize and play with other dogs. Sessions are supervised by a professional dog trainer; fee $10 per one-hour session. Walk-ins are welcome, but reservations are preferred: 425-787-2500 ext. 820 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The sessions are Saturdays, 4 - 5 p.m., at PAWS in Lynnwood. All puppies must be accompanied by their people and up-to-date on all required vaccinations.
Clean and sober Lake Goodwin Dance, usually Saturdays, 8 p.m. to midnight at the Lake Goodwin Community Club. Food and beverages. Admission by donation. For information call 360-435-5874 or email email@example.com.
Celebrate Recovery meets throughout the week at the First Assembly of God Church, 4705 Grove Street, Marysville. The main meeting starts at 5 p.m. on Sunday evenings. Celebrate Recovery is a twelve step recovery program based in the scriptures. If you are tired of the mess you are in, come and find acceptance and help.Free and open to all ages. firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dave Rummelhardt at 360-659-2276.
Support with gambling, divorce, women’s issues, or with twelve step, Sundays, 6 p.m., at Marysville First Assembly of God located on the corner of 4705 Grove Street. Call 360-659-2276.
Cub Scout Pack in Silvana, in the old fire hall located at 1409 Pioneer Hwy. Boys in the first - fifth grade are eligible. To get involved in Boy Scouts contact Hilary Blackward at 360-652-9861 or 425-338-0380.
Senior Services of Snohomish County offers the Senior Peer Counselling program for seniors who are struggling with life changes, losses or other issues. Learn new ways to cope with life’s stresses and improve well-being. For information call 425-290-1252. Free of charge.