- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Notice of Public Hearing LEGAL NOTICES
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES (PDS)
Providing official legal notice of land use applications, hearings, decisions and state environmental policy act (SEPA) threshold determinations within unincorporated Snohomish County.
Publication Date: May 14, 2008.
To learn more about a project:
Call the planner assigned to the project.
Review project file at Snohomish County Planning and Development Services (PDS) 5th Floor Customer Service Center.
*NEW * Permit Counter Hours: 8-5 p.m. M,T,W,F and 10-5 p.m. on Thursdays. Please call ahead to be certain the project file is available.
To comment on a project:
Submit written comments to PDS at the address below. All comments received prior to issuance of a department decision or recommendation will be reviewed. To ensure that comments are addressed in the decision or recommendation, they should be received by PDS before the end of the published comment period.
Comments, on a project scheduled for a hearing before the hearing examiner, may be made by submitting them to PDS prior to the open record hearing.
PDS only publishes the decisions as required by Snohomish County Code. Persons will receive notice of all decisions that they have submitted written comment on, regardless of whether or not they are published.
You may become a party of record for a project by: 1. submitting original written comments and request to become a party of record to the county prior to the hearing, 2. testifying at the hearing or 3. entering your name on a sign-up register at the hearing. NOTE: only parties of record may subsequently appeal the hearing examiner's decision or provide written or oral arguments to the county council if such an appeal is filed.
To appeal a decision:
Department decisions (including SEPA threshold determinations): submit a written appeal and the $500 filing fee to PDS prior to the close of the appeal period. Refer to SCC 30.71.050(5) for details on what must be included in a written appeal.
A SEPA appeal also requires that an affidavit or declaration be filed with the hearing examiner within seven days of filing the appeal, pursuant to SCC 30.61.305(1).
Hearing examiner decisions issued after a public hearing are appealable as described in the examiner's decision. Notice of those decisions is not published. You must have submitted written comments to PDS or written or oral comments at the public hearing in order to appeal a hearing examiner's decision.
Building and Grading applications associated with a Single Family Residence are not subject to the County's appeal process. To file a judicial appeal in Superior Court, refer to WAC 197-11-680 and RCW 43.21C.075.
How to Reach Us
The Customer Service Center for the Snohomish County Planning and Development Services is located on the 5th floor of the County Administration Building at 3000 Rockefeller Avenue.
Planning and Development Services
County Administration Building
3000 Rockefeller Avenue, M/S 604
Everett, WA 98201
Phone: 425-388-3311 TTY
ADA NOTICE: Snohomish County facilities are accessible. The county strives to provide access and services to all members of the public. Sign language interpreters and communication materials in alternate form will be provided upon advance request of one calendar week. Contact the Hearing Examiner's office, 425-388-3411 voice, Vel Smith (PDS) at 425-388-3210 voice, or 425-388-3700 TDD.
Notice of Application
File Name: Highlands Ranch North
File Number: 06-102833-SD
9 Lot Rural Cluster Subdivision
Location: Nearest corner of 252nd St. NE and Jim Creek Road.
Tax Account Number:
Hearing specifics: Before the Snohomish County Hearing Examiner, June 4, 2008, 9:00 a.m., First Floor Hearing Room, Administration Building East, 3000 Rockefeller Ave, Everett, WA.
HEARING PURPOSE: To provide information regarding the status of the Forest Practices Act moratorium.
Lifestyle Homes & Construction, Inc.
Date of application/Completeness date: February 28, 2006
Approvals required: Subdivision and Construction Plan approval
Forest Practices: For projects requiring a Forest Practice permit from the Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and where no valid SEPA appeal is filed, the applicant may request early release of county comments to DNR. Early release of county comments may enable DNR to issue a forest practice permit for tree removal prior to the project hearing or county approvals.
Ed Caine, 425-388-3311, ext. 2961
Project Planner e-mail:
Published: May 21, 2008.
CITY OF ARLINGTON
The Arlington Planning Commission and City Council will hold public hearings on the below listed projects on the below listed dates. The purpose of the Planning Commission's hearing will be to hear public testimony regarding the projects prior to making a recommendation to City Council, who will then hold a hearing to take public testimony and make the final decision.
Planning Commission Public Hearing:
Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 7 PM
City Council Public Hearing: Monday, June 16, 2008, 7 PM
Public Hearing Location: Council Chambers, 110 E Third Street
Project Name (No.), Applicant, Location, & Description (CPA is Comprehensive Plan Amendment):
1. Graafstra Lowlands CPA (PLN20080006) and concurrent Rezone (PLN20080007), City-initiated, approximately 137 acres of Graafstra Farm lowland in the City's UGA at the northeast part of the City, amend prezoning of Low/Moderate Density Residential (RLMD) to Public/Semi-Public (P/SP). Action will be postponed to August 5, 2008.
2. Brekhus Beach CPA (PLN20080008) and concurrent Rezone (PLN20080007), City-initiated, approximately 338 acres in the northeast part of the City in the recent Brekhus/Beach Annexation area, amend Master Planned Neighborhood (MPN) with TDR Overlay to Master Planned Neighborhood/Suburban Residential (MPN/SR) with TDR Overlay.
3. Lindsay CPA (PLN2008011) and concurrent Rezone (PLN20080012), City-initiated, approximately 100 acres in the City's UGA south of 172nd Street NE/SR 531 and west of SR 9 in the proposed Lindsay Annexation area, amend prezoning of Master Planned Neighborhood (MPN) to Master Planned Neighborhood/Suburban Residential (MPN/SR).
4. Cedar Stump CPA (PLN2008014) and concurrent Rezone (PLN20080015), City-initiated, approximately 116 acres in the City's UGA located east of I-5 and north of 188th Street NE from the City limits to the 200th Street NE overpass, amend prezoning of Light Industrial (LI) to various proposed zoning options, including Highway Commercial (HC), Neighborhood Commercial (NC), High Density Residential (RHD), and Low/Moderate Density Residential (RLMD). Action will be postponed to August 5, 2008.
5. Crown Park CPA (PLN2008016) and concurrent Rezone (PLN2008017), City-initiated, approximately 7 acres south of 172nd Street NE/SR 531 and west of 67th Avenue NE, amend Light Industrial (LI) to General Commercial (GC).
6. 77th (to GC) CPA (PLN2008018) and concurrent Rezone (PLN2008019), City-initiated, approximately 1 acre located east of 77th Avenue NE and south of 204th Street NE, amend High Density Residential (RHD) to General Commercial (GC).
7. 77th (to RHD) CPA (PLN2008020) and concurrent Rezone (PLN2008021), City-initiated, approximately 1 acre located east of 77th Avenue NE and south of 204th Street NE, amend General Commercial (GC) to High Density Residential (RHD).
8. Dorris CPA (PLN2008026) and concurrent Rezone (PLN2008027), Dean & Cheryl Dorris-Pittenger, approximately 1.45 acres at 18005 Smokey Point Boulevard east of Smokey Point Boulevard and north of 180th Street NE, amend Moderate Density Residential (RMD) to Neighborhood Commercial (NC); City may want to expand the request to include parcels to the south to 178th Street NE, for a total of approximately 8.7 acres.
9. Text Changes CPA (PLN20080010), City-initiated, City-wide, amend the City's vision statement and executive summary; Burn Hill (aka Brekhus/Beach) Subarea (TDR receiving area), and goals and policies for Commute Trip Reduction.
10. West Side I-5 Water Service Area CPA (PLN2008013), City-initiated, approximately 1,300 additional acres located west of I-5 continuing west to the railroad tracks and between 180th Street NE and Pioneer Highway/SR 530, amend Chapter 11 and water service map to expand west of I-5 consistent with Water System Comp Plan Update.
11. Transportation CPA (PLN2008022), City-initiated, City-wide, amend Chapter 11 and update Transportation Comp Plan. Action will be postponed to August 5, 2008.
12. Water System CPA (PLN2008023), City-initiated, City-wide, amend Chapter 11 and update Water Comp Plan. Action will be postponed to August 5, 2008.
13. Sewer System CPA (PLN2008024), City-initiated, City-wide, amend Chapter 11 and update Sewer Comp Plan. Action will be postponed to August 5, 2008.
14. Stormwater System CPA (PLN2008025), City-initiated, City-wide, amend Chapter 11 and adopt Stormwater Comp Plan to reflect current conditions, update hydraulic and surface water modeling, identify current stormwater issues, and present capital improvement project options along with associated costs to address stormwater issues. Action will be postponed to August 5, 2008.
Staff Contacts: Kristi Sherman, Senior Planner, 360-403-3481, firstname.lastname@example.org and
Yvonne Page, Senior Planner,
Any interested persons are invited to either testify orally at the hearings, or provide written testimony at or prior to the hearings. If you would like written testimony to be included in the Commission or Council packets, staff must receive it at least 10 days prior to the date of each hearing. Anyone wishing to review the project files may do so during normal business hours (9 AM 5 PM) Monday-Friday, at the Permit Center, City Hall, 238 N Olympic, Arlington, WA. Staff reports will be available to the public
7 days prior to each hearing.
Published: May 21, 2008.