- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
530 Slide Information Outreach May 10
ARLINGTON — A 530 Slide Information Outreach meeting will run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 10, at the Sisco Heights Community Church, located at 15029 McElroy Rd. in Arlington.
Attendees will be able to speak with representatives of various agencies, to address their specific issues and concerns, including questions about insurance coverage — from homeowners, renters and auto, to life and disability — or to receive referrals to legal aide, city and county resources.
The types of services that will be represented are set to include housing counseling resources, food and clothing, employment, volunteer opportunities, Health and Human Services, grief counseling, temporary and permanent housing and shelter, loans and rebuilding, and down payment assistance programs.
Among the other topics that are scheduled for the meeting are:
1. Creating a crisis budget.
2. Providing advocacy, communicating with lenders and other creditors, and notifying creditors.
3. Developing action plans specific to each attendee, through an integrated combination of resources and referrals.
4. Applying for all types of assistance.
5. Title issues and defects, next-step conversations and finding recorded property information.
6. What to watch for to avoid scammers.
The support agencies that are slated to attend include Parkview Services Housing Counselors, the Washington State Departments of Commerce and Financial Institutions, the Washington Homeownership Resource Center, the First American Title Company, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Snohomish County and its legal aide services, Volunteers of America, and the Governor and state Attorney General's offices.
For more information, call 360-435-4384 or log onto www.siscoheights.com.