- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Firefighters respond to chimney fire in Freeborn
FREEBORN — More than 25 firefighters responded to a chimney fire that had spread into a home's attic on Sunday, Oct. 11.
Fire personnel from the North County Regional Fire Authority, Snohomish County Fire District 19 and the Conway, Arlington and Stanwood fire departments responded to the fire in the 31900 block of 24th Avenue NW and extinguished it before the home was destroyed, said Christian Davis, Battalion Chief of the fire authority.
The home's one resident was not injured.
Officials said the fire appears to be an accident, and estimate the damage at about $75,000.
The fire broke out just after 9 p.m., and fire crews had the blaze contained within a few hours, Davis said.
"This is just another reminder to always take acre of servicing your wood burning fire places and always make sure your smoke detectors are in good working order with new batteries," Davis said.