Arlington Times


OH steals 40-36 victory from Eagles

September 18, 2013 · Updated 12:07 PM

Arlington’s Ricky Gill makes a play during the Sept. 13 game against the Wildcats. / Michael Marx/ Courtesy Photo

OAK HARBOR — The Arlington Eagles hit the road for their second game of the year on Friday, Sept. 13, in Oak Harbor, for a close game that ended up unlucky for the Eagles on Friday the 13th.

On their first possession of the evening, Arlington fumbled in their own end, and Oak Harbor scored on the next play to jump out to an early 7-0 lead.

The Wildcats’ next offensive series ended in a three-and-out. Arlington’s Max Gray blocked the ensuing punt, and after the scramble, Arlington’s Anthony Parra secured the ball. Fittingly, Cameron Scrimgeour lobbed a nice fade to Gray in the corner of the end-zone to tie the game at 7-7.

After the defense forced another three-and-out, Scrimgeour pitched an option to Jared Alskog. Alskog juked a defender and stiff-armed another on his way into the end zone.

The next Oak Harbor offensive series ended with an interception by the Eagles’ Max Gray. Arlington drove the ball behind some tough, up-the-middle runs by Alex Hayward, setting up the second Scrimgeour to Gray touchdown pass of the night, for a 22-7 Eagles’ lead.

Nate Lewis had a big quarterback sack on a fourth down, giving the Eagles the ball one more time late in the second quarter. A long drive culminated in a 25-yard touchdown from Scrimgeour to junior Connor Bovard,  and with Parra’s kick it came to  29-14.

The Wildcats opened the second half with a 12-play touchdown drive. Arlington’s Austin Wells made an interception in his own end zone to thwart Oak Harbor’s next drive, but the offense stalled, giving the ball back. Oak Harbor went on another long drive, 11 plays, for their fourth touchdown of the night.  Another 11-play drive gave the Wildcats their second lead of the night. Arlington then went on a long drive of their own. The eight-play drive was mostly behind the determined running of Alskog, capping the drive with a 3-yard touchdown run.

Arlington was back on top with a score of 36-33. But Oak Harbor drove back down one more time, late in the fourth quarter, to steal a victory from the Eagles, 40-36.


Commenting Rules

© Sound Publishing, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Our Titles | Work With Us