Clean air matters and a local company is leading the charge to help residents take advantage of a special grant to replace outdated heating equipment with new, efficient options.
The Puget Sound Clean Air Agency is offering $1,500 grants to help Snohomish County homeowners replace outdated, inefficient wood stoves or inserts with new, efficient, gas- or propane-burning models.
Only a limited number of vouchers are available, meaning homeowners wanting to claim the grant shouldn’t wait, says Paul Tarailo, from Marysville’s Four Day Fireplace.
And while the program has a number of requirements and steps to follow, Four Day Fireplace has undertaken all the program training and will look after everything, including grant submission and permitting.
Here’s how it works:
- For a limited time, Snohomish County residents with an old wood stove or fireplace insert can apply for the $1,500 grant to put toward the purchase and professional installation of new, cleaner heating equipment.
- Funding is limited and one project per household is permitted. After enrolling, applicants must submit photos of their old wood stove or fireplace insert to be reviewed for eligibility.
- Replacement options include natural gas and propane inserts, pellet stove, electric heat pump, or natural gas, propane, or oil furnace. However, the stove or insert offers a greater return on investment when it comes to the rebate offers, Tarailo says.
- Replacement equipment must meet certain efficiency and/or emissions requirements and work must be performed by a program-approved heating contractor.
- To be eligible, you must have an uncertified or pre-1995 wood stove or fireplace insert, free-standing manufactured fireplace, wood-burning furnace, or residential coal-burning device. Your old device must be installed and operable to qualify.
Why local matters:
“All of the Four Day Fireplace team are long-time residents of Snohomish County, so our reputation and our customer’s experience are the most important things to each and everyone one of us,” Tarailo notes. “It is why we are excited to participate in programs like the Clean Air rebate program – we care about the Snohomish County environment and air quality.”
While a typical fireplace shop might carry a few options across one or two brands, the Four Day Fireplace showroom lets you browse up to a dozen different manufacturers and more than 40 models.
Once you select the model that suits your needs and design style, they’ll remove the old unit, install the new one, fit any gas lines, and complete all the finishing, including stone or brickwork. Better yet, because all their professionals are in-house, they’ll coordinate it all and complete the work in four days – the inspiration for the company name.
Do you qualify for a grant to update your old wood stove or insert? Click here to find out!
Puget Sound’s only fireplace store that does it all, Four Day Fireplace is a one-stop shop for all your fireplace needs. Learn more at fourdayfireplace.com or call 425-272-9020 or for details or to arrange a free consultation. For a showroom visit, stop by 3923 88th St. NE, suite A, Marysville, WA 98270