MARYSVILLE – The Marysville Fire District reminds everyone to celebrate the holidays safely after a recent fire near a family’s Christmas tree.
An extension cord malfunction is believed to have caused the fire in the 7000 block of 29th Ave NE Dec. 13. The fire extended to curtains near the extension cord and Christmas tree but a family member was able to put out the fire using water.
•Always turn off Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed.
•Avoid overloading extension cords and using cords that are frayed, pinched or feel hot.
•Keep your Christmas tree at least 3 feet from any heat source.
•Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections.
•Test your smoke alarms monthly.