MARYSVILLE – The top-read story online for 2018 in The Marysville Globe was that Wenberg Park at Lake Goodwin would close for the summer for $3 million in upgrades.
To update that story, the fixes are done, and it recently reopened.
Statistics show 6,708 people read that story online.
The rest of the Top 10 shows:
2. New Sonic Drive-In opens in Marysville to heavy traffic, 6,147.
3. Family pleads for public’s help to find missing teenage daughter, 5,602
4. Driver dies in single-car crash north of Arlington, 5,466
5. Old growth cut for new growth, 5,090
6. Tulalip Tribes appeal development near reservation, 4,641
7. Cash, meth seized in Arlington drug bust, 4,533
8. Drugs be gone, 4,278
9. Trestle detour through Marysville to be maddening on 3 weekends, WSDOT warns, 3,226
10. Bikinis for beach not business, mom tells council, 2,587
Last week, the top-read story was “Bust right across the street from Marysville Globe” with 3,673 readers.
Other top stories last week were:
2. De-escalation ‘in their DNA’ 1,378
3. Unfunded state mandates a burden to counties, 474
4. Top headlines of 2018, 273
5. Are we covering too much high school sports? 270
6. Arlington Walmart worker, 18, charged with theft, 213
7. M-P girls win; so do boys (twice) and wrestlers, 19
8. Sheriff: Arlington man involved in fatal 3-vehicle crash, 180
9. Shoplifters caught after bystanders shoot out car tires, 171
ARLINGTON – The top-read story online in 2018 in The Arlington Times was when an Arlington woman, 33, was arrested on sexual allegations involving 3 young neighbors with 5,322 readers.
To update that story, evidence is still being collected in the case, as per a story we ran in December.
Other top stories for the year were:
2. Longer sentence in son’s killing brings smile to dad’s face, 4,962
3. North to Alaska: Arlington man driving tractor to tip of Alaska and back to raise $500K for cure for juvenile diabetes, 4,887
4. 2nd-hand heroin smoke gives 1st-responders, others more to worry about, 3,753.
5. Marysville buys last home for First Street Bypass, 2,750
6. Homeland Security copter, SAR called in to find missing Marysville boy – who was at daycare, 2,744
7. Moment of Trust: Arlington police’s embedded social worker program seeing early results getting homeless treatment, housing they need, 2,729
8. Emory Lofts project to bring housing for bike-riding millennials, more business downtown, 2,667
9. Opportunity knocks – again – for Arlington’s new fire chief, 2,608
10. Marysville police investigating fatal freeway off-ramp crash, 2,469
Last week, the top-read story was “Team from ‘Main Street’ reality show visits Arlington among 10 cities vying for starring role” with 891 readers.
Other top stories last week include:
2. Sheriff: Arlington man involved in fatal 3-vehicle crash, 181 3. Top 10 stories in Arlington for 2018, 144
4. Coug’s hot shooting sparks defense in come-from-behind win over MG, 141
5. 2nd-hand heroin smoke gives 1st-responders, others more to worry about, 119
6. Bust right across the street from Marysville Globe, 114
7. Top headlines of 2018, 106
8. Pilot Travel Center coming to Island Crossing, 91
9. The prices these Christmas trees go for could shock you, 86